Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

What Would You Do If You Could Do It "Again, But Better"- Inspired by a Christine Riccio Novel

I am reading “Again, But Better” by Christine Riccio and it has inspired me to write this blog post. What would you do if you had a second chance? What would you do if you could do it again, but better?

I have read the first chapter of the book and oddly enough, as simple as it was, it was also powerful. The message was clear. We go through life wasting precious moments, taking moments for granted, screwing up, not screwing up enough, living too much, not living enough, or whatever the case may be. We spend life worrying why we aren’t as ahead as those in our age range or why someone older hasn’t got life figured out yet. We hide behind our insecurities, our fears, and our anxieties. Here I am trying to figure out what I hid behind or what would I do again, but better?

The answer for me is simple, college. I would do college again, but better. I would go to the physical school instead of attending an online institution. I would get out and meet people, go to class, join clubs, and just live a life a normal twenty-something should live. I then may have finished my B.S. degree instead of my school losing its accreditation and I get stuck with 97 credits that dont count anymore. Maybe then I would not be sitting here thinking what does this mean for me now and where do I go from here. Yes, I would definitely do college again, but better.

Another thing I would do again, but better would be my first job. I always say if I knew then what I knew now, Id be rich. I got my first job at fifteen and the job paid weekly for the first three years, every Wednesday. I lived in a college town and most of the people who worked there were college age. So when the summer rolled around either they went home or didn’t want to work, but party instead. I picked up shifts, double shifts, and even open-to-close shifts almost every summer and winter break. My checks would be between $500-600 a week and I blew every single penny. I spent my money on junk, junk, and more junk. What I would do again, but better would be to put two of the four checks I got a month into a savings account. I could have been sitting on $36K (well definitely more since this thirteen years ago) in my bank account.

We all have things we would do again, but better and I would love to here some of yours. Here is the link to the book if you would like to read it.

Amazon: Again, But Better by Christine Riccio