Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Boys of Brayshaw High by Meagan Brandy

 I had no idea that when I started this book, I would fall head over heels in love with the characters the way that I did. From the Brayshaw brothers, right down to Raven, I was captured and enamored by them.

I will say Raven pissed me off on several occasions throughout the whole book, her stubbornness and recklessness were as irritating as it was understandable. The four of them fit well, like a perfectly layered PB&J sandwich. The only thing stopping them from completely sealing the deal is the fact that the boys grew up with something Raven has never known and doesn't know how to perceive it. The boys grew up knowing love and loyalty, they have always had each other to rely on, Raven grew up fending for herself. While I can understand why she reacted in certain situations, the frustration is still just as intense. She needs to come to terms and accept that what she wants is love, security, trust, and a solid foundation; she needs to let go of her fear and allow what the Brayshaw brothers are trying to offer her, it's just as hard for them as it is for her.

 I will say of the three brothers Royce is my favorite. I love and adore all brothers, and I do agree with the Maddoc and Raven pairing, but Royce is my absolute favorite brother/character. Great job Meagan, on creating such strong, independent; yet vulnerable characters.

I am looking forward to reading more of the Brayshaw brothers. #TeamBrayshaw

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39778773-boys-of-brayshaw-high