Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

How I used Random Name Picker to Choose My Top 3 Books on My To Be Read List for May

I went thrift shopping the other day for some new books. I don’t know if it is just me or not, but I have these need to buy books, like all the time. I got around twenty books for under $10, not bad, not bad at all. I only wanted to look for my next read, so getting twenty books was never in the plan. So now I have these titles and no clue what I want to read next because I want to read them all. I searched on google for a virtual pick a name from a hat tool and this is what I found.

Random Name Picker is an online tool that lets you type in some choices and they will randomly pick an item on the list. I typed all the titles I was having an issue choosing between in the box and pressed the “pick a random name” button. I pressed the button three times to come up with different names. The generator has spoken and I am excited to be reading books I have not read, but have wanted to read for a while, and here they are.
3. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

 Two of the three books I have seen the movie for and loved it. The Notebook and The Da Vinci Code are movies I only watched once or twice but still very much think about all the time. I am the type that hates watching a movie or tv show before reading the book. I can’t get the full story if I haven’t read the book first, because a lot of times they cut out or change moments into something else for better ratings. I freaked when I realized both movies was a book and I freaked, even more,e when I find out that the majority of Nicholas Sparks books I have watched but never read. So for May I am pretty excited to knock these two books off of my TBR List. 

I have heard a lot of great things and read a lot of four stars or higher reviews on Fredrik Backman’s books. I have Britt-Marie Was Here, Bear Town, A Man Called Ove, and My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She‘s Sorry in my Kindle. I still plan on buying physical copies for all four books and eventually owning all of his work if I like Britt-Marie Was Here. I will definitely blog about each book and discussing my thoughts and scenarios that take place, probably chapter by chapter. After those, I plan on starting my yearly re-read of Harry Potter and for the first time blog my journey of all seven books. 

Stayed tuned and until next time...